SHOP THE PASSOVER STORE > Passover Haggadah & Books
The ritual of reading from the Haggadah (literally, "relating, telling")comes from the Torah command: "And you shall tell your children on that day saying: Hashem did (miracles) for me when I left Egypt so that I would fufill the Torah's commandment. "Exodus 13:8 and Rashi.
During the Passover Seder the Haggadah is read. It tells the story of the Jews slavery in Egypt and the miracles God did for liberating the Jews from slavery. Different denominations use different Haggadot. Here is a short list:
- Reform: Passover Haggadah by Leonard Baskin
- Conservative: A Different Night or A Night to Remember by Mishael Zion
- Orthodox: Family Haggadah by Artscroll
- Reconstructionist: A Night of Questions by Rabbi Joy Levitt
Other Orthodox Haggadot of interest:
- Rabbi Jonathan Sack's Haggadah
- Seder Night: An Exalted Evening by Rav Solveitchik.
Passover Haggadah & Books
Copyright (c) 2008, ISRAEL's The Judaica Centre. All rights reserved. Web Design Toronto by Oilchange.com